Private Domain Registration
Protect your personal information
Did you know that anytime you register a domain, your personal information is exposed 24 hours a day? Your name. Your address. Your phone number. Your email. It’s all published online for anyone to see, as mandated by ICANN. But you have the power to change this. With Private Registration…
- Your domain is registered under the name Domains By Proxy, so its information is made public — not yours. See the difference
- You retain full control of your domain. You can cancel, sell, renew or transfer your domain, set up name servers for your domain and resolve disputes involving your domain.
- You manage and control all email addressed to the domain, as well as the domain’s contact information, with Domains By Proxy’s patented registration and email handling systems.
- You’re still accountable for your actions. Don’t even think about using a private registration to transmit spam, violate the law or engage in morally objectionable activities.
Did you know that anytime you register a domain, your personal information is exposed 24 hours a day? Your name. Your address. Your phone number. Your email. It’s all published online for anyone to see, as mandated by ICANN. But you have the power to change this by registering domain privacy.
- Log in to your Canada Hostings account.
- Next to Domains, click Plus sign.
- Click Add Privacy for the domain you want to have privacy.
- Proceed to Checkout and finish your purchase.
SEE THE DIFFERENCE
With a public registration, John Smith’s personal information is available for anyone to see in the Whois listing for his domain – anywhere, anytime.
But a private registration with Domains By Proxy shields John Smith’s personal information from public display — and the private email address we create allows John to control who reaches him. However, if you are a business company and would like to expose your contact details to the public, it is not recommended to have private registration. On the other hand you can enhance it by having a business domain registration.